- The program’s unique structure maximizes student learning and understanding of Francophone cultures. Students use the MANUEL DE PRÉPARATION outside of class to refine grammatical competence, develop writing skills, and work on reading and listening comprehension, thus allowing class time to be devoted to meaningful communicative activities.
- The program is built around “témoignages,” interviews with French and Francophone speakers of various ages and backgrounds, who were interviewed specifically for QUANT À MOI on all the chapter themes. Excellent models for speaking and writing, the “témoins” offer an authentic way to introduce cultural topics and vocabulary while emphasizing the development of listening comprehension skills.
- Pedagogically, the program builds on themes, structures, vocabulary, and skills learned in beginning French courses, while at the same time moving students to a more abstract level of language usage. In doing so, students learn to work with more extended discourse and to deal with the cultural and sociological – as well as practical – aspects of the topics studied.
- QUANT À MOI prepares students for upper-division work through a process approach to discussion and writing in the context of current issues. In addition, each chapter includes a literary text related to the chapter themes. These texts introduce students to more advanced reading opportunities, facilitating the transition as they progress to more advanced courses.
- “Magazines Cultures” (three per chapter) expand on various aspects of the chapter theme, providing cultural information and encouraging students to further explore the chapter topics on their own.
Structured for student success and organized for instructional flexibility, QUANT A MOI…: TÉMOIGNAGES DES FRANÇAIS ET DES FRANCOPHONES, 5e emphasizes meaningful in-class communication and in-depth exploration of Francophone cultures. The new edition includes engaging new cultural readings, songs related to one of the topics in each chapter, and the latest teaching and learning technologies.
List Price: $ 182.95
Price: $ 112.24