Take a tour of Top 10 Travel Attractions of New York City – part of the World’s Greatest Attractions series by GeoBeats. Hey, it is your host, Naomi. I would like to give you a tour of the top 10 attractions of New York City. # 10: Staten Island ferry – You get spectacular views of New York Harbor on this ferry ride from Manhattan to Staten Island. # 9: Brooklyn Bridge – Built in 1883, it is one of the oldest suspension bridges in America and continues to inspire the people of New York City. # 8: Greenwich Village – Go for a stroll in this neighborhood. Enjoy charming brownstones and experience Washington Square Park. # 7: Wall Street – The bull here makes everyone happy. See where billions are won or lost in seconds. # 6: Grand Central Terminal – Quite an amazing sight, you might even forget this is a train station. # 5: Rockefeller Center – where you find top of the rock, with amazing views and at Christmas time, the famous tree lighting. # 4: Central Park – One of the world’s greatest urban parks. Get involved in an outdoor activity or watch New Yorkers go about their exercise routines. # 3: The Empire State Building – An American icon, which was built remarkably during the Great Depression. Ride to the top for unmatched city views. # 2: Times Square – best experienced at night. First time visitors are simply in awe amidst the bright neon lights. # 1: State of Liberty – This is one landmark you must visit. The ultimate symbol of New York City.
While it may seem that every possible topic about New York City’s attractions has been written about, Off the Beaten (Subway) Track is the first book to focus on the hundreds of off-the-beaten-path destinations in the city. Some are small museums, others are historic places long forgotten, some are stores that sell only odd things, and some are distinguished for their claim to fame as the world’s largest/smallest whatever. All of them are notable for the passion with which their proprietors and curators care for them, and all can be visited via the subway system as the author directs readers to which of the city’s 486 subway stations will get them closest. These are the types of places and things that fit perfectly with New Yorkers’ psyches
List Price: $ 7.95
Price: $ 7.95
Take a tour of Top 10 Travel Attractions of San Francisco, California – part of the World’s Greatest Attractions series by GeoBeats. Hi, this is your host, Naomi. I would like to give you a tour of the top 10 attractions of San Francisco. Number 10: Cable cars. One of San Francisco’s icons, cable cars are not only fun to ride, but also an efficient means for getting to various attractions within San Francisco. Number 9: Fisherman’s Wharf, a popular tourist attraction. Fisherman’s Wharf many activities, like boat cruises and you may even be able to watch sea lions in action. Number 8: De Young Museum. Located inside the Golden Gate Park, the museum houses many great works of art. Natural elements were used for its construction. Number 7: Architectural heritage. A favorite activity for visitors to San Francisco is enjoying the architecture of local houses. These houses can even be found on many city postcards. Number 6: Palace of Fine Arts. Built in 1915 for the Panama Pacific International Exposition, this remarkable structure is a cherished San Francisco landmark. Number 5: Golden Gate Park, a great urban park. It’s an oasis that offers an escape from the city. The large park has beautiful landscape design with well-maintained gardens. Number 4: Coit Tower. Gracing the landscape of San Francisco, the art deco tower was constructed to beautify the city. The observation tower at the top offers excellent city views. Number 3: Alcatraz Island. Located in San Francisco Bay …
Video Rating: 0 / 5
Take a tour of Canals of Venice in Italy — part of the World’s Greatest Attractions travel video series by GeoBeats. Italy is a country of many famous sights, foremost of which are the Venice Canals. Canals are everywhere in Venice. You will not find any automobiles here. Because of these waterways, Venice has a reputation for being the world’s most romantic city. Nearly as famous as the canals themselves are the gondolas that travel up and down them. Many of these boats are available to rent for guided tours or romantic voyages. It’s an unreal experience to sail down watery “streets” between the buildings of Venice. Venice’s mild, Mediterranean climate means that trips on the canals can be enjoyed year round.
Video Rating: 5 / 5
Rome Sights 2011: a travel guide to the top 50 attractions in Rome, Italy. Includes three walking tours. (Mobi Sights) Reviews
Rome Sights 2011: a travel guide to the top 50 attractions in Rome, Italy. Includes three walking tours. (Mobi Sights)
This illustrated Travel Guide is a part of the Mobi Sights series, our concise guides that only feature the most essential information on city attractions. This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. Inside you will find a locator map and a list of top attractions linked to individual articles. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide also features three walking tours with our suggestions for your travel route.
Please search for “Travel Rome”, part of the Mobi Travel series, if you are interested in the complete travel guide that includes more maps and attractions with additional articles on history, cultural venues, t
List Price: $ 0.99
Price: $ 0.99
Top 5 Attractions For Italy Vacations
Going on holiday to the Mediterranean presents a variety of must see sites for the world eager globe trotter, who wants to make the most of his travels east of the Atlantic. Italy vacations in particular house a number of historical attractions worth your time, money and attention. From the glory of ancient Rome to the pristine paradise that is the Mediterranean Sea, you will find much to capture your imagination and keep you coming back for more.
1. The Colosseum. Rome’s dark past still resonates through the ages in the form of this massive structure that once housed the bloodiest battles outside of war. It was the place where early Christians and enemies of the Empire met their doom. It was the place where mighty warriors would fight wild beasts and each other to the death. Today, its ruins still stand as a grim reminder and a breathtaking artifact of a time gone but not forgotten.
2. Pantheon. An ancient tomb, a natural time source, a monument to the gods, and an architectural marvel. All these terms describe the Pantheon. Built in 120 A.D., it has survived for nearly 2,000 years, attracting visitors from all over the world year in, year out. A trip to Italy is not complete if this site is absent from the itinerary.
3. The Sistine Chapel. You do not have to be a Christian to enjoy this amazing structure, which features the work of some of the world’s greatest artists including Michaelangelo and Botticelli. If you are a person of faith, you will no doubt be inspired by the history, the imagery and the tradition, but if all you take with you is an appreciation for classic painters, you will not be disappointed.
4. Pompeii. One of the most tragic sites on your excursion to Italy is also one of the most fascinating. Pompeii, located near the volatile Mount Vesuvius, fell victim to its explosive temperament in the year 79 A.D., many scholars and historians believe. Since then, a grim fascination has taken hold among visitors as many of the victims, the “frozen dead” as they are known, remain forever in cased in their fiery tombs for all the world to see. It is a freeze frame of one of the most horrifying events the world has ever known, and visiting it will give you an appreciation for life even as the history of it all overwhelms you.
5. Guggenheim. Lovers of Modern Art will kick themselves for missing out on the Guggenheim on Italy vacations. Not to be missed if the names Picasso and Dali mean anything to you.
The beauty of nature and the allure of history make this location one of the best in the world for your holiday getaway. Pack a bathing suit and a fascination for the beauty and wonders of the past.
arrival in rome “lookin for a place to stay”
Video Rating: 5 / 5
Find More Italy Vacation Articles