For Mark Knopfler’s fans
23 comments - What do you think?
December 16, 2012 at 6:31 am
1992, Basel, Dire, Live, money, Nothing, Straits
kinda living this song at the moment
Nothing but love for Mark & Eric Clapton…
Best version of this song, right here!!!!! Hairs standing on end with the intro, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
salak herifff ne yaptın sen şimdi uyuz oldum ibnenin giriş tavırlarına .. ne yani unutulacak sın
YES for knopflerists !!
cuz I said so bitch?
We need more people like you on YouTube. Together, we can clean this place up and rid it of all the scum.
Or at least send them all back to the dark corners of youtube.
HEAR THE TRUTH
OPM (other peoples money) 2012
mtv this song was for you when you were cool and you had good music groups not shit
Excelente, de los mejor de los 80´S. Recordar en volver a vivr.
why the fuck should he be the president. hes not even american
bastard…keep on going with that beauty…LOL
I wanna go stage diving there!!! *.*
1.45 …. i would love to know how that feels…
What country? Can’t you hear his English accent? Of course, since he’s white, probably nobody would even ask to see his birth certificate : D
Seriously, besides the fact that being a great lyricist and guitar player does not make one a great politician, I don’t think he’d accept the pay cut, either.
He didn’t realize that the word was that insulting to gay people. Personally, I say “lighten-up,” but I understand their feelings. At least 1/2 the planet would rather they all be dead. Mark tried to argue that’s not what the word meant in the song, but being the class act he is, and the fact that w/o changing that one word, he’d likely never get to play it live again, I think he made a wise choice. Still, he could have used, “maggot.” Would’ve sounded a lot better, or how about, “parasite?”
Oh, and not that it matters, but I’m not gay. I miss the word “faggot.” It was a great sounding insult. I don’t even think of “gay” when I hear it. I think “Spoiled rotten wuss,” or “asswipe.” Kind of like I think about people who are homophobic, racist, antisemetic, or just plain jerkwads. I know plenty of gay and lesbian people. Most are cool, but some are jerks, just like everyone else on the planet. It’s always that 1% making the other 99% look bad. (FYI, you’re in that 1% group).
It was never meant to insult homosexuals. In England, they actually call cigarettes, “fags.” “Faggot” in his song really meant something along the lines of “spoiled little prick.” Mark stated that in an interview. He didn’t mean to offend gays. Personally, I would have just replaced the word with “maggot.” I think that gets the point across, and keeps the lyrics more intact. Consider this, assslinger, by changing that lyric, he can still play the song live w/o being called a homophobe like you
We don’t give a fucking shit about your fucking age
Completamente Geniall…Que viva el Rock !
QUEM ♥ REPRESENTA ♥ O ♥ BRASIL ♥ DA ♥ JOINHA ♥ AQUI ♥
Mail (will not be published) (required)
WordPress Theme by HeatMapTheme.com