The Tattoos of Angelina Jolie
The Tattoos of Angelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie tattoos
Angelina Jolie Brief Biography
Born June 4, 1975, as Angelina Jolie Voight to parents Marcheline Bertrand and Jon Voight, this Academy Award-winning actress (Best Supporting Actress, 1999, Girl, Interrupted) has also won three Golden Globes and two Screen Actors Guild (SAG) awards. Before getting into acting, Angelina made her living as a fashion model.
Angelina Jolie is a well-known humanitarian and philanthropist, supporting several causes across the globe, including working with refugees through UNHCR (Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees).
Tattooed actress Angelina Jolie and her husband Pitt have two adopted children, Maddox and Zahara, and a biological child, Shiloh.
Jolie achieved international fame for her portrait of videogame heroine Lara Croft in 2001 and since then established herself as one of the best known and highest paid actresses in Hollywood. As Lara Croft in Tomb Raider or the female assassin half of Mr. and Mrs. Smith you won’t see a single tattoo. Her tattoos are covered with makeup for her movie roles. Multiple sources report that during the Tomb Raider shoot, the makeup applied wasn’t doing a good enough job of covering the large “Billy Bob” and black dragon on her left upper arm and a digital artist was hired to go frame by frame through the film and make sure no trace of skin art could be seen.Angelina Jolie’s tattoos are perhaps just as well known as her trademark pouty lips and her performances on the silver screen. Angelina Jolie is the “world’s most beautiful woman,” according to the “100 Most Beautiful” issue of People magazine in 2006, and a large part of that probably has to do with her tattoos.
Angelina Jolie has had several tattoos done over the years, and she continues to frequently add new ones or change existing ones. They are not there purely for cosmetic purposes either, as it is said that each tattoo has a special meaning behind it. This list is by no means exhaustive, but it does give you a bit of insight into the personality, thinking, and preferences of the popular actress. Angelina Jolie is one of the most photographed women in the world – and now one of the most tattooed.
Angelina Jolie and her famous tattoos.
• Billy Bob”, the name of her former husband Billy Bob Thornton, on her left arm.
• Coordinates representing the locations where she adopted Maddox and Zahara , on her left arm
• A dragon tattoo on her left arm can still be seen faintly on her left arm, though she has been getting it lasered for months.
• A dragon she got in Amsterdam
• A large black cross tattoo on her left hip.
• The Latin quote “ Quod me nutrit me destruit”.
• Gothic letter tattoo between her shoulder blades says “Know Your Rights”.
• Buddhist Pali incantation written in Khmer script. Position: Left shoulder.
• The letter H on her left wrist.
• Arabic phrase “Strength of will”.
• The 12-inch long Bengal tiger is situated on her lower back.
• The dragon under the tiger.
• The window on her lower back.
• Two pointy black tribals on the lower parts of her back.
• The Roman numeral 13 (XIII) on her left forearm.
• A Tennessee Williams quote – “A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages” – on her left forearm.
• On her left shoulder, she has had her tattoo with the Chinese character for death .
Pictures gallery on :http://angelina-jolie-tattoos.blogspot.com
February 9, 2010 CNN UN goodwill ambassador Anglina Jolie visits children at a Haitian village and sees the damage firsthand.